Bill O’Reilly has officially quit his “Fair and Balanced” act. Sure, no one was under the impression O’Reilly cared about “Liberals” or Democrats, but on Monday’s O’Reilly Factor, the pretend pragmatist went next-level partisan extremist:
“If 64 percent of folks polled think things are out of control right now, then why would anyone vote for a Democratic candidate?…The answer is emotion…
“The Democratic Party and President Obama have not been successful in making America a stronger country.
“So, if you’re voting for the country, then you would be less likely to support the Democrats. But if you’re voting just for yourself and what you can get from the government, the option the Democrats provide, continued entitlements, is attractive.”
O’Reilly then insists Obama “puts ideology over tough solutions” and ‘proves’ this with a clip of Obama that has NOTHING to do with ideology – but that’s par for the lying, manipulating course. But O’Reilly – who never puts ideology over news-giving – knows the government is broken, and wants you to blame Democrats for it.
Although both parties clearly suck at governing, O’Reilly REALLY wants us to forget that Republicans had anything to do with government for the last 6-14 years — or that the Republican-dominated Congress (GOP leads the House and effectively stopped the Senate by requiring 60 votes to pass anything) has a 16% approval rating, and that the GOP has a 72% disapproval rating nation-wide.
Almost 50% of Americans STRONGLY DISAPPROVE of the Republican party, blame the GOP for governmental disfunction and think they’re leading the US in the wrong direction while acting as puppets for the rich – but O’Reilly just can’t understand why any self-less human being who cares about America would vote Democrat.
Is there a single soul in American who believes O’Reilly’s claim that Republicans DON’T vote for their personal interest? Whose interests are Job Creators voting for when they spend billions to buy tax cuts or de-regulate their industries? Are Conservatives NOT voting for personal interest when they vote to keep gays from marrying, take away entitlements, cut government programs they disagree with, or try to force their religious views into governing? That must all be for everyone else, certainly not for their own interests or to further their own beliefs, right? How nice of them.
To be clear, there is NOTHING wrong with Americans voting for their own self-interests (regardless if they’re Republican or Democrat, rich or poor), but there is EVERYTHING wrong with convincing Americans that voting for their own interests is un-American — solely to push the partisan interests of the big money backers.
This is agenda journalism at its WORST, and one of the biggest reasons Fox “News” viewers are routinely the most mis-informed in the entire country.
Fortunately/unfortunately for us all, O’Reilly is done pretending to be above it all and full out embracing partisan manipulation and extremism. Fair and Balanced, my ass.
Watch: Bill O’Reilly Smears Democratic Voters As Selfish | Video | Media Matters for America.
Read: The Science of Fox News: Why Its Viewers Are the Most Misinformed | Alternet.
I was all set to write a “Chill the F out about Ebola” post, but then cousin Shepard Smith went and did it for me.
Holy shit, does Shep nail this entire piece. Highlights:
- “Do not listen to the hysterical voices on the radio and television or read the fear provoking words online. the people who say and write hysterical things are being very irresponsible….
- “With midterm elections coming, the party in charge needs to appear to be effectively leading. The party out of power needs to show that there is a lack of leadership.” So the President has cancelled a fundraising trip and is holding meetings, and his opponents are accusing his administration of poor leadership. For the purpose of this fact-dissemination exercise, those matters are immaterial…
- “We do not have an outbreak of Ebola in the United States. Nowhere. We do have two healthcare workers who contracted the disease from a dying man. They are isolated. There is no information to suggest that the virus has spread to anyone in the general population in America. Not one person in the general population in the United States…
- “I report to you with certainty this afternoon that being afraid at all is the wrong thing to do…”
- Someday there may be a real panic. Someday, something may start spreading that they can’t control. And then, do you know what we’re gonna have to do? We’re gonna have to relax and listen to leaders. We’re not gonna panic when we’re supposed to and we’re certainly not gonna panic now. We have to stop it.”
- Best advice for you and your family: Get a flu shot. Unlike Ebola, Flu is easily transmitted. Flu, along w resulting pneumonia, killed 52,000 Americans last year alone.
The ONLY reason this is such a HUGE deal right is because of Midterm elections in November. This is what happens when Politicians (especially incumbents from the worst and most unpopular Congress in history) need to distract voters (ISIS is coming to kill us all!!!) from their lack of record or actual proposals. Hysteria over something completed unrelated to governing/legislating!!!
Sadly, over 90% of these schmucks will win regardless, dooming us to another 2 years of impotent government.
Oh, and the only thing less likely than catching Ebola, is catching in-person voting fraud.
Chill the F out.
Watch: Shepard Smith: ‘Do Not Listen To The Hysterical Voices’ In The Media About Ebola.
Florida had itself an intriguing Gubernatorial debate Wednesday night, and by intriguing, I mean that Gov Rick Scott bizarrely refused to come out on stage because Charlie Crist had a fan under his podium.
You read that right: a fan. A stupid electric fan was enough to grind the debate to a halt before it even started. Scott claimed the fan was a violation of debate rules, and Crist responded with “So the F what?”
So Scott refused to debate, Crist stood on stage alone for 10 minutes, and the audience (aka interested voters) booed and laughed in shock.
When Scott finally decided to treat Floridian voters to an actual debate on actual issues, this was the laughable explanation for his delaying tantrum:
Someone needs to explain “Optics” to Team Scott because they absolutely FAILED and let Crist make their guy look like a baby unworthy of leadership.
Though, Gov Scott taking the podium and “debating” (loosely translated from: spewing unintelligible word salad) might have actually made a bad night even worse.
Watch: FL Gov Debate Delayed by a FAN – YouTube.
If you hate Nick Saban (that’s almost everyone) and Lane “Fail Upwards” Kiffin, then this Tosh.0 video is for you.
Watch: IN THIS WEEK’S EPISODE – Tosh.0.
Rock The Vote Presents #TURNOUTFORWHAT starring Lil Jon and some other familiar faces.
Register at RockTheVote.com and turn out on November 4th.
Rock The Vote Presents: #TURNOUTFORWHAT – YouTube.